Citywide Building Envelope worked as the sub contractor on this project in central Vancouver, BC. Citywide was the only contractor to complete work on the job, including siding, decks, roofing, and rot repair.
Scope of work:
The original scope of work included wooden siding removal and Hardi siding replacement. Throughout the project there were a number of change orders, which were documented thoroughly and coordinated with the site engineer and the primary contractor.
The primary contractor did not need to employ an additional sub contractor, as Citywide was able to manage all changes of scope. With Citywide’s diversely skilled crews and strong project management, all change orders were managed in an expert and timely manner.
Change orders included:
- Remedy lack of sheathing on parapet walls throughout upper level
- Repair area of rot found in siding and structure.
- Rooftop membranes and decks
- Replace torch-on membrane on rooftop
- Add two composite rooftop decks.
- Stair construction
- Remove and rebuild rotting exterior wooden flight of stairs.
- Remove fiberglass deck coating on 4 balconies and replace with textured liquid coating, coloured to complement new siding.
- Remove wooden lattice railings and replace with aluminum and frosted glass railings.
Upon completion, all stakeholders were pleased. The Strata building has beautiful, long-lasting and code-compliant outdoor spaces. The high-quality materials and workmanship provided by Citywide Building Envelope will prove a great investment for the property owners.